Sports Carnival (19th October 2008)

By steven88net
When we are talking what is significant of having a sport day during secondary & primary school time, we will be thinking it is an holiday for students. At that point of time, I do not know how does the sport is going to beneficial to us.
Untill 19th of Octover 2008, HELP University College was organizing an annual Sports Carnival that was held in the usual spot, University Malaya, I finally found the answer. Sports Carnival had brought all students from different skin colours, genders, religions, and status together and compete with one another to achieve the respectful place. I participated in the basketball 5-5 game for Econs Department. Guess what, my teammates were mostly are my classmates.

I reached there about 8am. Most of the people were having some warm up exercise before the games started. During the registration time, it was totally chaos as participants from various games cramped up in a small registration booth. I met some friends such as Mun Keat and some AIESEC HELP people.
Basketball game is on raw.
I found something interesting here. So ended up, I decided to edit this picture.

(note: actual situation wasn't like this but similar to it)

All the main course we ended at 3.30pm. The last game with be the tug of war.



Warming up session.


Econsians are monsters.

Econs departments won the tug-of-war game. After the game, we headed back to the main spot for the prize giving event. Forgot to mention in earlier, I lost in the basketball game dues to lack in teamwork and skills (try again next year). Before the day of the Sports Carnival, there were a few games were held before in hand. Physcology was leading the scores board which was like 24-1. WTF, Econs got 1 point only for games before in hand. After the end of the Sports Carnival, Econs department emerged as the champion with the sensational comebacks by won major of 20++ points. Econsians managed to get most of the top three in every single game competed on that day. (Salute to Econs department)

It ended at 4.30pm. Me, Bao Shun, Patrick, and a girl went for late lunch at KFC, the one located near the UM's entrance. We finished about 5pm and then we headed back to home. Although I got a bad sunburnt but I felt it was a great day as I met many new faces and felt the strong sport spirit from every participants involved.

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?